Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

Store AESKey in javacard

Algorithm School

Moderator: UNKNwYSHSA

posey

Store AESKey in javacard

Post by posey » Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:33 am

In my java card application, I need to share some keys of type AESKey with different terminals. Because there is no structure like HashTable in Java Card, I think I could do something with byte arrays. But is this the best solution to cover my needs? Any other methods? I would be appreciated for any help.

horse dream

Re: Store AESKey in javacard

Post by horse dream » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:48 pm

Important security-relevant data like keys and PINs shall always be stored in designated objects from the Javacard API.
The smart card operating system will perform additional internal operations to protect the relevant values from leaking.

btwtiger

Re: Store AESKey in javacard

Post by btwtiger » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:53 pm

You should be familiar with key derivation.
You can derive the key using the terminal ID and store the result in a transient array and then set the value of a transient key to that value. Of course you would need to delete the derived key immediately.
Onward...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic