Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

OCF or Javacard.Framework

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
Usiger

OCF or Javacard.Framework

Post by Usiger » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:47 pm

My PC application is written in Delphi language and I installed my applet into card which delphi app send data to this applet via APDU. Now my question is which one could be better to use in my applet, OCF or Javacard.Framework? I am a little confused with this.

chico0609

Re: OCF or Javacard.Framework

Post by chico0609 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:23 am

OCF is an off-card API for communicating with cards and readers with Java.

The card you have should have the org.globalplatform package and won't have OCF. If you want your applet to be portable across different cards, you should probably stick with javacard.framework.

Usiger

Post by Usiger » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:06 am

chico0609 wrote:OCF is an off-card API for communicating with cards and readers with Java.

The card you have should have the org.globalplatform package and won't have OCF. If you want your applet to be portable across different cards, you should probably stick with javacard.framework.

So you suggest using javacard.framework.

I still have one more question. Do you know about filesystem in OCF? If it support Filesystems, can I load a text file into my applet?
I mean create a text file in my pc and send it to ocf in order to save it on card.

chico0609

Post by chico0609 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:07 am

Any reference to file systems in OCF would be to allow the client application to communicate with a file system card. You would still have to have a card that supports the command set for a file system card.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic