Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

question confused me about key data storage?

Card Products

Moderator: horse dream

abc101

question confused me about key data storage?

Post by abc101 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:00 am

Hello, everyone.
My question is below.
If the smartcard's platform hardware (not card os) has the certification of EAL4+ or EAL5+ level and I implement a security native COS myself, must I do some encryption and decryption for the very important data like a master key?

Thanks.

kuafu

Re: question confused me about key data storage?

Post by kuafu » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:28 pm

Yes .
well

tay00000

Re: question confused me about key data storage?

Post by tay00000 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:24 am

Note that there's a difference between chip level certification and COS level certification. If both chip and COS are certified, it is even better.

Regarding sensitive data storage on the COS level, you should be doing encryption of highly sensitive data manually unless the chip specs specially mention of some secure master key storage region on the chip which you can leverage. Otherwise, it is always better to assume the lack of such chip level special features unless specified by the chip manufacturer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic