Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

What are secure channel keys in java card used to do?

Card Products

Moderator: horse dream

GraceGIRL

What are secure channel keys in java card used to do?

Post by GraceGIRL » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:30 am

As I found by google, ENC stands for Encryption, MAC stands for Message Authentication Code and DEK stands for Data Encryption Key.
I want to know when these three secure channel keys are used. What are they used to do? Are all these keys used in every communication step?

mabel

Re: What are secure channel keys in java card used to do?

Post by mabel » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:53 am

GraceGIRL wrote:As I found by google, ENC stands for Encryption, MAC stands for Message Authentication Code and DEK stands for Data Encryption Key.
I want to know when these three secure channel keys are used. What are they used to do? Are all these keys used in every communication step?

Here are part of description about the three GP keys in GP2.1.1:

A Security Domain, including the Issuer Security Domain shall have at least one key set containing 3 keys to be
used in the initiation and use of a Secure Channel. These keys are all double length DES keys and are the
following:
• The Secure Channel encryption key (S-ENC) and the Secure Channel MAC key (S-MAC). These keys
are only used to generate Secure Channel session keys during the initiation of a Secure Channel.
• The data encryption key (DEK) for decrypting sensitive data, e.g. secret or private keys. This key is a
double length DES key and is used as a static key.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic